Visit My Homepage






Welcome to the Harrington Photography Blog. Check here frequently for updates on current sessions and design projects. Enjoy the stories and photos. And, I'd love for you to leave feedback. For all the future clients, I hope that you'll choose me to be your Delaware and Columbus, Ohio photographer for weddings, engagements, portraits, maternity, newborns, children, families, seniors, pets, and more! My goal is for you to "enjoy your moment..." while I capture all the memories!







Visit the Harrington Photography homepage: http://www.harringtonphotos.net/







Sunday, December 21, 2008

Bokeh Filter Fun

One more thing about last weekend's Work It Shop, then I'm done for today... Holly gave us a great new idea for the use of something called Bokeh Filters. I saw her cool pictures, then did some research myself. I made my own Bokeh Filters out of construction paper, and voila!

Bokeh is derived from a Japanese word meaning "blur." And when you have a shallow depth of field, it takes the blurred light and turns it into the shape of your filter. Don't mind the lack of composition in these photos (and the blurry dog). Think of the possibilities here... I'm getting more practice with them, and hope to take them to the next wedding I shoot... how cute would the hearts be during the first dance? :) Holiday photos with the snowflakes...? Holiday doggy photos with the bones...?





Adam and I took these at the Columbus Zoo's Wild Lights last night. We waited FOREVER to park and enter (over an hour!) and were freezing... hence Eskimo Hubby! We thought about coming tonight instead... ummm... no thanks to negative temperatures!




Finally, since you've followed me through my madness thus far, I had to give you a quality image that I captured at the zoo last night. One of the very few animals we saw - a beautiful leopard... keeping warm in her den.

No comments: