Visit My Homepage






Welcome to the Harrington Photography Blog. Check here frequently for updates on current sessions and design projects. Enjoy the stories and photos. And, I'd love for you to leave feedback. For all the future clients, I hope that you'll choose me to be your Delaware and Columbus, Ohio photographer for weddings, engagements, portraits, maternity, newborns, children, families, seniors, pets, and more! My goal is for you to "enjoy your moment..." while I capture all the memories!







Visit the Harrington Photography homepage: http://www.harringtonphotos.net/







Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Spring Soccer

Last but not least in my busy photo weekend, I went to Andy's soccer game to shoot photos of him in action. He plays for a select/private spring league out of Dayton, but had a tournament in Dublin this weekend. I used my trusty old telephoto lens for the shots and am very happy with the results.

I've decided I'm much happier shooting soccer games than any other sport (hockey, baseball, football, tennis, etc.) because it's a sport I actually enjoy watching. I played soccer for about 12 years growing up and I miss it SO much. I also refereed soccer for 2 years after I quit playing. It's one sport where I understand ALL of the rules and strategies. It's a good pace for me, too - not as slow as baseball, but not as fast as hockey, and it's much easier to keep your eye on a big ball than a puck. However, there was still the element of being a little "too close" to the game. Some players ended up in the laps of the spectators when the ball went out of bounds. Hearing the boys talk on the field brought back a lot of memories of the different terminology we used during play: "Man-on," "Drop it," "Switch fields," "18," "Keeper," "Square," "Through"... Good times! Anyone know of any Delaware spring adult leagues? :)

Andy played left fullback for most of the game. Take a look at him - he's got such command over the field.... the opponents couldn't keep up with him! :)










WOW, Andy! Look at those arm muscles flexing!



Ahh... finally, there are some opponents. They look afraid. :)

Why wasn't I in this good of shape when I played soccer?

I had a lot of fun this weekend with everyone and I'm so glad the weather turned out so nice for all 3 shoots! It was worth the sunburn! :)

No comments: