Visit My Homepage






Welcome to the Harrington Photography Blog. Check here frequently for updates on current sessions and design projects. Enjoy the stories and photos. And, I'd love for you to leave feedback. For all the future clients, I hope that you'll choose me to be your Delaware and Columbus, Ohio photographer for weddings, engagements, portraits, maternity, newborns, children, families, seniors, pets, and more! My goal is for you to "enjoy your moment..." while I capture all the memories!







Visit the Harrington Photography homepage: http://www.harringtonphotos.net/







Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Backyard Beauty

This morning I decided to get the camera out and take some pictures for myself. I realized I don't do that too much anymore. I'm always so busy taking and editing client photos that I don't take time or effort to shoot some for myself. But, today was a different day. I have been admiring my blooming backyard for about a week now and thought if I didn't beat the rain out there today, I might miss my opportunity to get some shots of the new growth in my backyard.

Adam and I landscaped our yard last fall, so it's so much fun to see the new blooms from the different trees and bushes. We don't even know what to expect, but I'm VERY happy with what we've planted.

When I got really into photography several years ago, my passion was in nature and landscape photography. So, today, I allowed myself to get back to those roots and combine my love of gardening with photography. Here we go...

This is probably my favorite bush and my biggest surprise this spring. My purple sandcherry has the most beautiful little white flowers all over it. So colorful against all the green of the grass in our yard.

Last fall I planted some free tulip bulbs we got with a coupon. I didn't have very high expectations because they were free, and I've never planted bulbs before. But, they look gorgeous! 11 of my 12 bulbs popped up. I think that's pretty good for the first try. Can't wait to see how many pop up next year!

I also didn't expect to get flower blossoms on my serviceberry bushes. So cute! Again, they add great color to the yard.

Our sunset maple tree, which we've had for 2 years finally matured enough so it produces (as my grandpa would call it) "whirly-gigs" or "helicopters." They are so cute and tiny right now. I love it! I'm sure I won't be as fond when they start falling off and Brutus is eating them.

One of my beautiful tulips.

Another new tree is our amur maple. It's got cute little beaded sprouts coming off of it. I'm wondering what those will turn into...

A different shot of another tulip.

My boys were being so cute while I was taking pictures, that I just had to get a few shots. Brutus just was not wanting to be photographed today. He wouldn't put his ears forward. Too cool for the camera...

Tator Tots on the other hand was happy to pose, as always...

And pose again...

And one more time... I think this is one of my favorite photos of him. Can you believe he will be 8 years old in less than 2 months?? Old man... Love him to death.

No comments: