Visit My Homepage






Welcome to the Harrington Photography Blog. Check here frequently for updates on current sessions and design projects. Enjoy the stories and photos. And, I'd love for you to leave feedback. For all the future clients, I hope that you'll choose me to be your Delaware and Columbus, Ohio photographer for weddings, engagements, portraits, maternity, newborns, children, families, seniors, pets, and more! My goal is for you to "enjoy your moment..." while I capture all the memories!







Visit the Harrington Photography homepage: http://www.harringtonphotos.net/







Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Delaware, Ohio Photographer: A Harrington Haunted Tour

As you drive up the winding road, past a local golf course, you would never expect the sight you see. At the top of a steep, tree-lined, winding road rests Waverly Hills Sanatorium in Louisville, KY.



You are greeted by the gargoyle statues that guard the former tuberculosis hospital, which operated from the 1920s to the 1960s.



In recent years, the abandoned building has earned notoriety by appearing on Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures, Scariest Places On Earth, and Most Haunted, to name a few.



On this particular night, myself, my husband, and a few of our bravest friends had the opportunity to spend the night in this ridiculous place! Why? Because we want to see a ghost!! (Yes, I know I'm weird!) :)


Yes, I am a little strange at times, but I also look at touring this old, historic building as a great photographic opportunity. Were there great places to take photos? Absolutely. Enjoy! Were there ghosts? Not so sure about that one. I have to admit, I was disappointed once again that I didn't see, hear, or smell a ghost. But, I had a lot of fun anyway!! Maybe next time! Enjoy the photos!














No comments: