Visit My Homepage






Welcome to the Harrington Photography Blog. Check here frequently for updates on current sessions and design projects. Enjoy the stories and photos. And, I'd love for you to leave feedback. For all the future clients, I hope that you'll choose me to be your Delaware and Columbus, Ohio photographer for weddings, engagements, portraits, maternity, newborns, children, families, seniors, pets, and more! My goal is for you to "enjoy your moment..." while I capture all the memories!







Visit the Harrington Photography homepage: http://www.harringtonphotos.net/







Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Delaware, Ohio Pet Photographer: The Tator Tots Tribute

Those of you who know me well know that my dogs are some of the number one "people" in my life. They are my family, my kids. My dog Tyson, whom I refer to as Tator Tots, Tots, Tators, Totsy, etc., is my #1 buddy for life. Last week, I received the devastating news at a routine vet appointment that Tators had lymphoma cancer. I was blindsided and shocked. I was in denial, I was angry, I was helpless. But, then I took control of my emotions and realized that I cannot take a minute of a day for granted. I've started researching holistic/homeopathic medicines, herbs, and diet. We are trying new things and trying to make Tators as happy and comfortable as possible. We are hoping and praying for the best outcome for our beloved Tator Tots.


That being said, I created somewhat of a doggy "bucket list" of things I wanted to make sure we did together before he's gone. It's a little weird to some, I'm sure, but it made sense to me and I think my other pet parent friends will understand. One of those list items was setting up a photo shoot from all of Tators' previous costumes. Those who know me well, also know that Tator Tots is quite the ham. He is so intelligent and LOVES attention. He will do anything for a smile, laugh, or a treat. And, he absolutely LOVES dressing up. Really. So, tonight, Adam and I took all his costumes out of the archive for a backyard photo session. Tators really enjoyed it. I'm not sure if he more enjoyed posing for the photos, or the fact that Brutus was inside barking from the window as he watched Tators consume all the delicious treats. It was hard for me to hold the camera steady at times as I laughed so hard at his poses and faces. And, you wouldn't believe this unless you saw it... Tators would pose with his chest puffed out, smile, and as soon as he heard my shutter snap he'd run up to me for his treat. And, then he'd do it all over again. He KNOWS what he's doing when the camera's pointed on him. It doesn't matter if is my SLR camera, a point and shoot, or video camera. He knows what they are!


Another bucket list item is for Tators to come out of "retirement" for his final dog pagaent/trick competition. This weekend he will be participating in the Sugar Maple Festival's Dog Show in Sugarcreek, Ohio. Come out to support him if you'll be in the area! Part of the show is a costume contest, and we need help picking his best costume. So, here are your choices. Leave a comment and vote for your favorite! I hope you enjoy Tators big smile as much as I do!!


Super Dog!



And of course, we had to see Super Dog take flight!


The Spider!


Frankenstein


Dog Dracula


Sheriff Tators


Squirrel


Banana Dog


And then, I had to tap into the archives for a few others. The King


Hot Dog


Pumpkin


Holiday Tators


The "Best Dog" in our wedding


Or, the Turtle


Which is your favorite?? Let me know! I know I have my favorites! And, please keep Tators in your thoughts and prayers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think my favorite is Sheriff Tators, but there are a lot of other cute ones, too.