Visit My Homepage






Welcome to the Harrington Photography Blog. Check here frequently for updates on current sessions and design projects. Enjoy the stories and photos. And, I'd love for you to leave feedback. For all the future clients, I hope that you'll choose me to be your Delaware and Columbus, Ohio photographer for weddings, engagements, portraits, maternity, newborns, children, families, seniors, pets, and more! My goal is for you to "enjoy your moment..." while I capture all the memories!







Visit the Harrington Photography homepage: http://www.harringtonphotos.net/







Sunday, March 30, 2008

Columbus Blue Jackets & Destroyers

This was a busy weekend of sports shoots. It was only my second NHL hockey game, so I was still a bit nervous about all the fast-paced action and hard-hitting. I did have the "luck" of having a front-row seat for a fight that broke out between two players (hey, that's the money shot!). And I had quite a lot of action in my corner of the rink, literally about six inches from my camera lens at times - a little scary! Spectators jokingly asked if I got a picture when the players body slammed the glass, knocked out my photo window, and their sticks came flying through. I responded, "No, because my eyes were closed!" :) Check out all of the shots for the Columbus Blue Jackets here.

Fight!






One of my favorites... love the lighting effects.




So, I thought hockey was dangerous... On Saturday night was my first arena football game - ever. At first I was seriously worried about getting smashed in the endzone by a 6-foot-5, 320 lb. monster. However, when I realized I could hide behind the 105-lb. cheerleaders (who never even flinch) when the plays got close, I relaxed a bit. Here's my first shot at arena football! Check out the rest of the shots for the Columbus Destroyers here.

Wow, that's close!








Sacking the quarter back.


I seem to have a knack for timing on the kick-offs.




One of my favorite action shots.


The Destroyers' quarterback

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are great pictures, you are a photo taking genious!